Car Deal gone bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sister73

I was just at a car dealership and got a new vehicle. I traded in a 2002 Dodge Neon. The Neon was in my step dad's name. The sales guy asked what payoff was. I told him it was about $900. He told me they would pay it off and make it $950. He was a very pushy sales man. I paid the price of the new car minus the cash back from the manufacturer. There was no bargaining and no price break there. The sales guy kept saying "sign here" and I had to stop and say I wanted to read what I was signing but was rushed. I didn't realize until after everything was signed that they only paid me $100 for my car and applied $850 back onto the loan. I was furious and told the sales guy the next day that since they only wanted to give me $100 for the car that I would just give them the $100 and keep the car, afterall, nothing was signed yet on the Neon (it was going to be signed on Monday by my stepdad). He then said it was sold Saturday (we were there most of the day Saturday getting the new vehicle). I told him how can he get rid of the car without it being signed off. He just said they do it all the time as it sometimes takes 30 days to get the titles. I had my step dad sign off on Tuesday and told him I was not happy at all and he just replied that he spoke to his manager but not much he can do. He said he didnt realize that they were only going to pay $100 for my car and do it the way they did. Can they sell the car without the title being signed off? I feel they really scammed me. I had this visit planned ahead of time and traveled over an hour and half and asked if it would be worth my wild for the drive and I got no sales and gave my trade it away. Seemed like a few lies were told to try to cover themselves. What do you think?

UPDATE - I sent a letter to the owner and the managers of the dealership. I told them what I thought of what they did and that I was going to report them to the BBB. They responded back today and will pay me what they said they would originally. No real excuse or reason for what they did. They just did not want me to create bad business for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back