Car Company Fraud (Flagship Credit Acceptance)

mranderson10452

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Late in May of 2017, my car company Flagship Credit repo my car. The car was taken early in the morning on May 20th, May 22nd I paid everything need to get my car back $1690. I had to do it by money order which I did at a local Food Lion. The amount was told to me by the rep to be for the three months owed and $600 for repo fees. I got my car back.

Five months go by of on-time payments; I receive a bill in October stating I owed repo fees. I called a rep from Flagship credit, and the person said it was my current bill the following month's bill and repo fees in the amount of over $1000. I said I am not paying that in till they figure out what it was (at this point I did not know what the charge was for, it had misc. on the bill. The audit the account three times and claim that the initial $1690 went to the principal, and I stated that had nothing to do with me I paid what I was told to and I am not paying anything additional.

Skip ahead to January my credit shows I am current in November no data for December then in January I am 120 days late. I also I have not received any bills so I call the company to pay my bill they say I owe $2000 I asked why they could not explain and said that I had not paid my bill for several months. I was confused due to the fact I was making payments and have proof, and if I were not making payments, the $2000 owed would be for almost 10 months which is past when my car was initially repo. They were basically saying since I got my car back in May of 2017 I have not made a payment since. However, the bill I still have for August showed I owed no money but the current month.

I want to sue the car company for fraud and mental stress, and I want them to pay the car off.

I want to sue the car company for fraud and mental stress, and I want them to pay the car off.

Talk to a lawyer near you about your wishes.

No need for me to rain on your parade.

Good luck, citizen.

Sure. Go ahead and spend thousands on a lawyer that you won't get back.

How's this for an idea? Make copies of all your paperwork and payment proofs and go visit the lender's office. Sit down with somebody and go over the account.

It isn't fraud. It's a mistake.
Instead of discussing things on the phone make COPIES of all documentation you have of payments and deliver it to them. If you can do it in person then do so.

Back