Vehicle Repossession car broke down three days after purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswilliams

I purchase a vehicle on May 22. As I test drive the car it had noise from the brakes n the salesman said ot was just from the car sitting n the brakes might have rust on it. I drove 2 minutes down the street n notice that the radio was not on call the lot n they told me they will contact the manager to see what they can do. On friday I contacted them and said the car was driving funny. They schedule a appointment to the mechanic for Tuesday. On Tuesday the car turned off on me twice on the way there. So now im a little upset and don't want the car because it put me down twice on a busy highway it has no radio the inside door handles is broken. Which is a safety hazard for my daughter. So I tell the salesman that I rather not put my money into this car and I don't want it. He goes on to say that they will garnish my wages. Is that true? What can I do

You should not have followed through with the purchase of the car when you knew it had problems. If these issues are not covered by a warranty then you are likely on the hook for the cost of repairs. This is an inherent risk when buying used vehicles. They do not have to take the car back or refund any money. It seems you wanted something cheap and you got it!

Your wages can be attached after they sue you in court.
That means they'll repossess your car.
That'll make it harder to get another car.
Time to negotiate.

Generally when you buy a used car, you buy as is & are responsible for all repairs needed. It's a "buyer beware" situation. (unless they happen to offer a warranty which is generally not the case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back