Car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

aestrada83

My Sister was in a head on car accident, But was in the back seat of the driver -(which was her mother in law). Her husband was in the passenger side and he was injuried also...My sister lost her 3 month old baby in this car accident. My sister suffered from a broken nose and a major concussion! Her baby had a cracked skull and a broken neck...and died later that night. police reports state the driver in the other car swerved out of the path of something or animal, but police believes that there was a distraction in the vehicle. this is in the police report. Well my sister highered a lawyer and was having trouble getting him to contact her. So she tried to fire the lawyer but he stated that he will still recieve 33% of her settlement. So now she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want to use him because he told her after all the medical bills she won't get that much back..and they probably won't get anything for being out of work for so long. Is insurance is only paying so much and is splitting it between 4 people, my sister her husband her mother in law and her three month old baby! what to do! what to do!

If the insurance limits are minimal for the party at fault there's not much more they can do as far as getting any more money out of the settlement. Unless there was any additional coverage such as Underinsured Motorist on the vehicle her mother-in-law was driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back