Car Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reinny44

I was in an accident and it was my fault, but I've got one problem after another.
First, I hit the other car because I didn't see the light. It was a new light just put up I believe it was the first day. We had people all around calling 911 etc. Neither of us were hurt, just a bit shook up. The cops came, we exchanged information. The cop did not give me a citation, (he was in a good mood & said I was lucky!). I called my insurance company they took the info. About 1 week later or less The insurance investigator called and said they couldn't find my policy he asked a few questions and said he would look further, in the mean time I was to look for my check stub for the last payment I made. Well I couldn't find one for December which meant my insurance lapsed, but I didn't know this & I didn't receive a letter from them stating that it had. I did file a form and sent it to the DMV my insurance co. told me to do that. Now the other driver has sent me a letter demanding I pay her medical bills and lost wages. I feel bad since it was my fault but I don't want to agree to anything if it admits my guilt and then be sued from her later again or from her insurance company. My insurance co. said that if I received any legal documents to forward them as it was their duty to defend me against a lawsuit. This letter is personal not from the court. What do I do about that? What do I do about all this? Thank you
Reinny44

It sounds like your insurance has been reinstated without a lapse. Send them the letter and ask your agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back