Car accident in snow, damages, injured

snowblow

I was driving in the snow in New Jersey today. There was another car that was trying to enter the lane in front of me that claimed that they skidded making a turn. I think that they should have waited until being completely clear on the road so there was no danger of a collision with another car. The car didn't move as far as the other driver anticipated because it had no traction on the ice and snow and slush. I was trying to slow down without skidding from hitting the brake. There was nothing I could do because the other car got stuck in the road and I struck the car making the turn.

The police were called but it took a long time to sort things out. Nobody received a ticket and I don't know how they wrote it up but I don't see how anyone could make sense of what happened arriving after the fact and after a lot more snow accumulated. So what happens next? We exchanged information. My car has significant damage in the front and now I think I am feeling some whiplash effects only a few hours after the crash. I am very sure the other driver was at fault but my friend says that I hit the other car so I am at fault? That is crazy. I hope someone can make sense of this.

Car accident, other driver's insurance might be expired?

I had a car accident on the snow. I received insurance information from the other driver who was a little nervous. I get the feeling that the insurance policy probably expired or is suspended. What happens if the other driver's insurance is expired? Does it mean that I won't have a problem with my case? Is the other driver assumed to be at fault?

Obtain a copy of the police report when it is available. The police will determine who is at fault. In the meantime you can report it to your insurance company in order to get medical attention, rental car or whatever you need. If the other party is determined to be at fault, your insurance company will deal with theirs.

Agree that you need to report the accident to your car ins. co. & let them handle.

Back