Car Accident and Possible Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was driving late at night and just got off work. I was exhausted and side swiped two cars on a small side street. I waited thinking someone had to have heard the collision. No one came out. I tried to move my car but it would not start. My phone was dead and I was close to my house, so I walked home. I intended on getting my roommate and using his phone to call the police. Of course he wasn't home. I sat down to wait in hopes he would be home shortly and fell asleep because at this point it was 3 a.m. I went back to the street in the morning found the car owners and gave them all my information. I then called the officer who towed my car. He was off duty, however I spoke to a different officer. She said as long as I went back and gave me information I was fine. I have a certified letter from Baltimore city waiting for me at the post office. This makes me very nervous. I am wondering what are some of the possible legal consequences for leaving the accident.

Did you report the accident to your ins. co.? If not, you need to do so.

You might want to go see what the certificated letter is before doing anything further. We don't know what it is for sure. If you got a ticket, you will want to talk to an attorney & plead not guilty in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back