Cap One Credit card account over 6 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer100

My jurisdiction is: Idaho, Ada County

I recieved a call from a very disagreeable person from a firm called ARS National about a debt on a Cap One Credit card account. It has been over 6 years since the account went into default. The person kept insisting that it is not covered by the SOL. She also said they mailed out a notice which I haven't recieved as of yet. One comment she made was that Cap One wouldn't have sent the account to thier firm if it was uncollectable. Is this some attempt to bully me into making some agreement to pay? Is ARS a collection agency? Is a debt over the SOL classified as a Time-barred debt? I've seen several sites stating that ARS is one of the more shady and harassing collection agencies...Has anyone else had a run in with them.

Last edited:
Looks like ARS National is a collection agency. I don't know whether you've been able to avoid the debt due to the statute of limitations but most of the time it's not necessarily the case. Did the person give a reason why the debt wasn't extinguished? I don't know the definite facts of the case so it's impossible for me to come to any conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back