can't get rid of her

Status
Not open for further replies.

patiencelost

I allowed my girlfriend's daughter and her husband to move in with us about 6 months ago. She had just found out she was pregnant, they got married, and were living with his mother. She kicked them out, they had no place to go so I agreed to let them stay for a couple of weeks until they figured something out. About 2 weeks later, the husband left her, and she has been living here ever since. She is very disrespectful towards me and I never intended for her to stay this long. I want her out and she now has the means to get out but she won't leave! I know this is a lot of info for a simple question but I thought some background might help. Is there anything I can do legally to have her forceably removed? I'm tired of empty promises to find a place of her own and I think the only way I'm going to convince her that I'm serious is for the cops to show up and drag her out. Responses will be greatly appreciated.
Forgot to mention that she is 24 yrs old, has a decent job, and pays no rent or bills!

Last edited:
you are holding the cards here

you have total control of the situation since it is your home. You can call the police at anytime and have her taken off of your property. If there is no rental agreement between the two of you and she hasn't paid you any money to stay there you should be fine. Simply tell her (do not ask!!) she needs to pack up her things and leave by a certain time. If she doesn't cooperate the police will make her. The joys of having your own place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back