1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Can’t find any help

Discussion in 'Social Security, Disability & Health' started by vwereskisr, Aug 12, 2019.

  1. vwereskisr

    vwereskisr Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    North Carolina
    I hope someone can explain and point me in the right direction..

    A friend of mine used my social number to fraud the gov for food stamps for years without my knowledge.. she got caught back in 2017 when they finally checked the numbers to see if anyone was working and they saw I had a job and she wasn’t reporting it.. apparently DSS sent a letter to her making her aware that she had to pay back 14k of the money she fraud the gov..and if she was to dispute it they gave her a date to appear to dispute the ruling.., Dss also stated they sent me a letter to her address stating the same thing... needless to say I live in NJ not North Carolina ... I only found out about this fraud in April of 2019 when they took my federal tax return...

    I confronted so called friend she admitted to doing so as well as admitted to dss that she used my number without consent to fraud the gov.. DSS is saying I am still liable for the funds and that in order to get cleared of it I had to press charges .. I called Sherriffs dept they were investigating and Simone came to the conclusion that because dss is allowing her to make payments back to them they can’t prosecute... and as such me the victim is stuck in limbo and no one can seem to help me in any form .. I am totally lost.. these people never once tried to verify the use of my SSS# and now are gonna take my tax returns even though she admitted to the theft until it’s paid back and just recently they found she used it an additional 2 more years as well so that bill is prob gonna end up being 30k if not more ....
    Please help
  2. PayrollHRGuy

    PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You need to get proof from the Sherriff's office that you reported the crime. A police report from them will hopefully be enough.

Share This Page