Canceling service for mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

carowner

I live in Ca and I took my car to get the engine completely rebuilt along with ac repair and grounding issues, from a mechanic for $3500. Initially it was only supposed to take 3 months, after periodic attempted checks the shop went silent or I kept getting pushed back. after 9 months of no call backs I was finally contacted by a worker saying that the shop ran into some issues and the car should be done in a week (this was after my friend went to go check up on the car for me). That was 6 weeks ago. I decide to go in person and see what is going on with my car and finally meet the owner face to face. he tells me that my he is still working on the engine and that he replaced some parts and resurfaced the engine ect. I expressed my disappointment with his performance and his level of communication. When I asked him how much longer it will take he said 3 days. my question is if the job is not done in 3 days can I take my car with the engine out of it to another shop and refuse to pay for his services, the difference in the amount of gas that I have spent driving my suv around vs my car has basically almost equaled the cost of the repair.

Nope, if you contract does not specify a completion date, he has time to work on it. $3500 is cheap. I would expect your job to be done as overflow. Bringing Mr. Green to negotiate a higher price with a firm completion date will likely yield results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back