Consumer Law, Warranties Canceling A Gym Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobydo

Forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area, and thanks for reading this:

My gym contract says that I may cancel the contract if I permanently relocate to a residence over 45 miles and that they may require presentation of information to substantiate that circumstance.

After renewing my driver's license and sending them a copy along with a letter, they said they may need more evidence of my relocation such as a lease agreement or pay stub, things that I don't have because I just left one job in one city looking for another in a new place. So they said to just send them whatever I may have by the end of the month.

My license says my new address and the date that it was issued. As further evidence, I'm thinking of providing them with a UHAUL receipt, a letter that has invited me to an job interview, a copy of a void check of my savings account with my new address, a new credit card I just received in the new address, and the first letter I sent them that was returned to me at the new address because they actually had the wrong address printed on the contract. Whatever I do though, I get the gut feeling they aren't going to make it easy.

So my two questions are:

(1) What is the minimum information I need to present to substantiate that claim.
(2) I'm thinking about just sending them the evidence I have and ordering them
to delete my billing information.

What is your advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back