International Issue Canadian Woman with American Boyfriend In Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarsweetdd

Hi. I need help regarding immigration. I have been dating this guy in Florida for some time now. I went there to be with him a entire month July 11 to Aug 8. I got back home he wanted me to come back and stay for 5 more months. Canadians I find out are allowed 6 months to stay in US. Anyways he books me a flight back to Florida on a one-way ticket. I get to Winnipeg International Airport get my ticket and proceed to US customs. I get to customs desk and the guy right away, notices I had just got back from Florida. Then he notices only a one way ticket. I try to explain to him that I was only going for 5 months and I would be booking my return from Florida, as I was not sure if I would come back to Canada in Dec or Jan. The customs officer did not like my answer. He proceed me to another area and then I got the biggest asshole of all time. He question me to death and let me tell you these guys can sure put words in your mouth. I stood there trying to convience him that I was coming back to Canada, this of coarse did not work. Of coarse this guy took it upon himself to say I would not be making my trip. My question is now that I've been held back from entering the US will I be able to cross over again and what should I do to make sure I can get back over to Florida. Please I need some help here, I would like to back in Florida for October if I could. Has anyone ever been in this type of a situation.

Hi Friend, I need more information about the incident, Did they give you any paperwork or warn not to enter us again? Was there any entry in the computer while Imm. Officer denied you. tell me more about the situation, then I will be able answer this.

Thanks,
pal

Sugarsweetdd said:
Hi. I need help regarding immigration. I have been dating this guy in Florida for some time now. I went there to be with him a entire month July 11 to Aug 8. I got back home he wanted me to come back and stay for 5 more months. Canadians I find out are allowed 6 months to stay in US. Anyways he books me a flight back to Florida on a one-way ticket. I get to Winnipeg International Airport get my ticket and proceed to US customs. I get to customs desk and the guy right away, notices I had just got back from Florida. Then he notices only a one way ticket. I try to explain to him that I was only going for 5 months and I would be booking my return from Florida, as I was not sure if I would come back to Canada in Dec or Jan. The customs officer did not like my answer. He proceed me to another area and then I got the biggest asshole of all time. He question me to death and let me tell you these guys can sure put words in your mouth. I stood there trying to convience him that I was coming back to Canada, this of coarse did not work. Of coarse this guy took it upon himself to say I would not be making my trip. My question is now that I've been held back from entering the US will I be able to cross over again and what should I do to make sure I can get back over to Florida. Please I need some help here, I would like to back in Florida for October if I could. Has anyone ever been in this type of a situation.

More Info on Border Crossing

Hi Pal: Thanks for posting. Here is what happened! I proceed to US Customs and the gentlemen asked my destination. I told him Cape Coral Florida. He then noticed I had only a one-way ticket. He commented and I replied. I was returning some time in dec or jan. He then asked more questions. Asked what about my job. I told him that was okay I had quite, and planned on taking a vacation for 5 months. He then asked how much cash, and of coarse I only had 200.00 american on me and then some in my bank account but not like a lump sum I get payments made to from my ex. The gentlemen i see in florida was covering all my costs and justed wanted me out there to enjoy myself. Anyways they then shipped me into the next room. Thats when another gentlemen came in and started questioning me and trying to put words in my mouth. He was very insistant that I was not taking a 5 month holiday and that I had other intentions. Yikes!!! Like talk about being a total ????. I could['nt believe how I was treated. He kept saying give me proof and then, I would ask what proof do you want. I even offered to give him something I had on me so I could go back and pick it up in 5 months. That did'nt even work. So then he got on his computer, asked me more stupid questions. I remained calm and in control. He took my finger prints, my mug shot and then was left to leave. If I wanted to return with proof thenI guess I would be free to go, he never was very helpfull so I never really got a good answer from him. Thats pretty much it. They never got me to do anything else I was free to leave the airport. Hope this is enough information for you Pal. Thanks!!!!

Pal said:
Hi Friend, I need more information about the incident, Did they give you any paperwork or warn not to enter us again? Was there any entry in the computer while Imm. Officer denied you. tell me more about the situation, then I will be able answer this.

Thanks,
pal

Hi, I have been gone thru this situation. Best thing to do is to just leave when they refuse one's entry. Never say that you are going for that long. At the airports, you must have return tickets. In your case, you could cross the border but must keep your paasport with you.

Here is the problem you have : They photographed and took your finger prints that could cause you a problem in the near future. Next time if you go from the airport where you were denied, go in person and make an inquiry about what do they need from you as a proof.

- Show your ties to Canada you have. Take your current job letter, income tax report for the last year etc., property forms if you have any with you. Tell that you have been denied entry earlier. having open communication with inspectors can open a channel for you.

- I went thru same situation when I was denied. Next time I entered I told them the truth and they let me go.

I hope it helps.

Pal

Sugarsweetdd said:
Hi Pal: Thanks for posting. Here is what happened! I proceed to US Customs and the gentlemen asked my destination. I told him Cape Coral Florida. He then noticed I had only a one-way ticket. He commented and I replied. I was returning some time in dec or jan. He then asked more questions. Asked what about my job. I told him that was okay I had quite, and planned on taking a vacation for 5 months. He then asked how much cash, and of coarse I only had 200.00 american on me and then some in my bank account but not like a lump sum I get payments made to from my ex. The gentlemen i see in florida was covering all my costs and justed wanted me out there to enjoy myself. Anyways they then shipped me into the next room. Thats when another gentlemen came in and started questioning me and trying to put words in my mouth. He was very insistant that I was not taking a 5 month holiday and that I had other intentions. Yikes!!! Like talk about being a total ????. I could['nt believe how I was treated. He kept saying give me proof and then, I would ask what proof do you want. I even offered to give him something I had on me so I could go back and pick it up in 5 months. That did'nt even work. So then he got on his computer, asked me more stupid questions. I remained calm and in control. He took my finger prints, my mug shot and then was left to leave. If I wanted to return with proof thenI guess I would be free to go, he never was very helpfull so I never really got a good answer from him. Thats pretty much it. They never got me to do anything else I was free to leave the airport. Hope this is enough information for you Pal. Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back