K Visa Canadian marrying American

Status
Not open for further replies.

atkinsmt

I have questions concerning TN status and changing to Permanent status after marriage.

I am Canadian living in the US for the past six years on TN status. I am engaged, and living with my American fiancee in the US. We were planning the wedding for next February in the US but that has been fast-forwarded to this May. (we just found out that we'll be parents in about 8 months)

My questions are these:

1. Do I just stay on TN status until I get Permanent Residency?
2. Is it OK to let the TN expire?
3. Should I be getting the Fiance Visa and then applying for Permanent Residency?
4. Does having a child make any of this less/more complicated?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Do you already have a child? You will probably be speaking to the American Consulate again and they can give you answers to your questions. There is some information on this process here:
http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4291

atkinsmt said:
I have questions concerning TN status and changing to Permanent status after marriage.

I am Canadian living in the US for the past six years on TN status. I am engaged, and living with my American fiancee in the US. We were planning the wedding for next February in the US but that has been fast-forwarded to this May. (we just found out that we'll be parents in about 8 months)

My questions are these:

1. Do I just stay on TN status until I get Permanent Residency?
2. Is it OK to let the TN expire?
3. Should I be getting the Fiance Visa and then applying for Permanent Residency?
4. Does having a child make any of this less/more complicated?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back