Deportation, Re-entry canadian living in U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mary27

I am a Canadian and i have been living in the U.S for the last 3 years with my boyfriend without visa. I am getting more worried about getting deported. We tought about getting married to stabilized my situation but i have no one to endorse me for 20 000$ a year for the rest of my life if we get divorced wich is requested do apply for a green card. I do not work and do not intend to so i don't really need a work card and do not want to be an american citizen i just want to live with the man i love without any problem.If anyone can give me any advice that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Very god suggestion, take the working art f your duo back with you to Canada. Or, use your Canadian citizenship to move to other English speaking nations that used to comprise the former Commonwealth Nations. Australia, New Zealand, anywhere but here.
The tide will soon turn against illegal aliens. To you its love, to right thinking, law abiding people everywhere, what you're doing is breaking the law.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

And about that sponsorship thing.

That does NOT guarantee you $20k/year for the rest of your life should you get divorced - oh my goodness no.

OP needs to do a tad more reading and educatin' of her good self before going further.

As you are now in violation of US law for Canadian visitors, I suspect you won't be legal in this country any time soon, married or not.

You'd be surprised at what a bona fide marriage to a US citizen will forgive. Specially if the immigrant entered the country legally.

Would love that but he can not legally enter Canada and we have his child living with us wich is not old enough yet not to require his mother permission to cross the border.

I did enter the county legally i met him on vacation and i do not intend to take 20k a year from any body if we would happen to get divorce(as someone seem to think it was the case) i would just go back home and go on with my life . Unfortunatly the lawyer we consulted said someone still have to sign those paper saying they will pay it if i would decide to stay in the U.S in the unfortunate event we do get divorce... now if the lawyer was wrong and someone know an other one with an other solution we might wanna consult i would be happy to do so. Thank you

You should speak with another attorney.
Marriage is really your only option other than simply going back to Canada.

You don't have a problem. You're manufacturing a problem.

So, you won't return to Canada, because he can't enter Canada.

Well, why not go to his homeland?
The US is not what it once was. In fact, it could take the US 20-50 years (or longer) to return to 75% of what it once was.

So, why not return to his homeland?

You don't have a legal proven, you have a personal problem. The law is hampering your wants.

Leave the US, leave this great man who is so delightful, he entices you to break the law and forsake your roots.

Or, stay here and await the roundup of illegal aliens. It's coming, wrongs always get avenged, the legal beast must be fed.

Don't break the law and expect forgiveness.

The US is okay, but not worth risking your freedom over. Try Belize, Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, or somewhere you both can legally start over.

Otherwise, play the illegal alien, hide in the shadows game.

I don't use my law degree to assist law breakers.

I did enter the county legally i met him on vacation and i do not intend to take 20k a year from any body if we would happen to get divorce(as someone seem to think it was the case) i would just go back home and go on with my life . Unfortunatly the lawyer we consulted said someone still have to sign those paper saying they will pay it if i would decide to stay in the U.S in the unfortunate event we do get divorce... now if the lawyer was wrong and someone know an other one with an other solution we might wanna consult i would be happy to do so. Thank you

You obviously misunderstood what you were told.

The sponsor has to promise that the immigrant will not become a "public charge". This means that at worst, s/he will be responsible for supporting the immigrant up to the tune of 125% of the Federal Poverty Level.

It is NOT a guarantee that the immigrant will get $20k/year which is what YOU said.

And seriously, Dad could let the child's mother have custody of the child and then HE can move wherever he wants to go.

Now, why can't Dad cross the border, exactly?

There is a reason why I'm asking.

Love Muffin is hampered to go to Canada for one (might be two reasons).

Pro, Love Muffin is here illegally, too.
Love Muffin might also be on the lam for a myriad of reasons.

Life is simple, the lies and the deception make it complicated for some.

I'm going to go with a criminal history that makes him inadmissible to Canada, but a fit parent as far as family law is concerned.

(Since OP does mention the fact that Mamabear's consent is required for the child to cross the border and presumably to obtain a passport ;) )

And depending on what the criminal history actually entails might make the whole marriage thing moot anyway (or at least the sponsorship part ).

What a tangled web we weave!

Oh, Pro, you must be kidding. Tell me you're kidding.
Bears, birds, beavers, deer, snakes, even fish don't need no stinking passports, do they? Then, why do people need passports. Surely, the lack of a passport, a legal technicality shouldn't be allowed to stand In the way of love, right? ;)

Oh, Pro, you must be kidding. Tell me you're kidding.
Bears, birds, beavers, deer, snakes, even fish don't need no stinking passports, do they? Then, why do people need passports. Surely, the lack of a passport, a legal technicality shouldn't be allowed to stand In the way of love, right? ;)

If Daddy takes kiddo over the border without Mamabear's consent, OP is going to be back wanting to know how the heck to get him out of a long, long prison sentence ;)

There is no way we would give custody of the child to the mother EVEN if my bf could enter Canada so for atleast the next 7 years living somewhere else then in the U.S.A is simply not an option... and no he cannot sponsor me himself that is why i said i did not have anyone to sign the endorsement other wise there wouldnt be a problem ... It seem that there is no real solution so far but thank you for all your answers.

There is no way we would give custody of the child to the mother EVEN if my bf could enter Canada so for atleast the next 7 years living somewhere else then in the U.S.A is simply not an option... and no he cannot sponsor me himself that is why i said i did not have anyone to sign the endorsement other wise there wouldnt be a problem ... It seem that there is no real solution so far but thank you for all your answers.

Reality check time:

YOU have no say in his custody matter AT ALL. Good grief.

So, we're back to you being deported. Doesn't seem to be any way around that. Your best bet quite honestly is to leave the country, face the bar, and then apply LEGALLY for some sort of visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back