Can you do anything about something that was free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnieda

Sorry if this sounds stupid... We went to a free TV taping last week and were treated very unfairly by the studio staff. It's a long story but the main thing was that they were overbooked and were coming up with random excuses to not let us in. Can we do anything about this even though we didn't have to pay for anything? Where can I go to 'complain', other than directly to the company itself? I want to make my complaint public to others out there so they don't get mistreated the same way. What are my options? BBB.org? Chamber of Commerce?

The law is on their side, they could quote the firemarshalls law about a buildings occupancy limit, etc... I always complain about rude customer service, to the management, if more people complained, there would be less rude people serving customers. I am not an attorney, so my opinion is just that of a lay person.
If you were publicly slandered or caused some sort of harm, emotional distress, etc,
you would have the basis to file a case, but most likely it would be dismessd,
maybe not even heard, only if you were physically assaulted/battered or caused some
other kind of damages and you could prove that in a court of law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back