Personal Bankruptcy Can trustee change terms of Chapter 13 two years into process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindab

Under a chapter 13 BK, can the trustee alter the repayment plan? Debt repayment was established at $300 a month for three years with stipulation that all income tax refunds for three years go to the trustee to pay debts. Two years into the process, trustee advises that income level for 2008 was too high and wants repayment adjusted to $1900 a month for five years. Is this legit?
Additionally, spouse is unemployed as of last week, and cannot pay new fee of $1900 and mortgage. What are my options. Can this bankruptcy be cancelled. Can I start over with a credit counseling agency instead?

Yes, the trustee can do that and will do that. Yes you can not pay the trustee adn your BK will be dismissed ( all creditors will come running) or you can call the trustee office and see if you can sit with someone about the monthy amount because now your wife just losing her job. the thing with Credit counciling is Creditors dont have to accept the payment plans-- I think you chould stay in the bankruptcy but make an appoitment with the clerk to go over the amounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back