Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication can they still charge me later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodapop22

I was leaving a friends house got in my car and there was a van behind me rite away. I was braking no traffic laws. my cars legal,they stop in front of me block me,a bunch of under cover drug cops is what i guess they were. they tell me to get out, i did,they ask if im on perole or probation i say no. they said they were about to raid my friends house that they know hes been dealing drugs for a long time while ones talking to me the other one searches my car finds a small amount of drugs witch i told them was there they tell me if i answere some questions they wont do anything they would let me go,like is there a dog in his house? is anyone else there? I answered there questions they get my info off my license they didnt charge me with anything.but could they still try to charge me later? And did they have the rite to pull me over in the first place? can someone please give me some advice or legal opinion thank You...

honestly.. i doubt they'd charge you after the incident.. that looks stupid on their part. I think you should be happy you left when you did and be happy they did not arrest you and you should probably watch who you hang out with.

Yes, they had the right in the first place to pull you over. Like the above poster said, if they haven't charged you by now, they probably won't unless you continue hanging out with that friend. Be aware they are watching you know, so stay clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back