Can the child be transferred out of his school district?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalvinaAndB

Wondering if the school district have a right to refuse a little child an education in public school (in our school district) where he already spent one year in the kindergarten, and send him to the different school and different school district for ELL program far away from our home? Child was in this school for 1 year and graduate with score "3" for English language in the kindergarten.
Thank you for your advise in advance!

Wondering if the school district have a right to refuse a little child an education in public school (in our school district) where he already spent one year in the kindergarten, and send him to the different school and different school district for ELL program far away from our home? Child was in this school for 1 year and graduate with score "3" for English language in the kindergarten.
Thank you for your advise in advance!

You need to discuss this with the school.
I suspect the school could be doing this because they aren't equipped to properly educate him under the ELL program.
Or, the district might believe the child doesn't reside in their district.
Again, discuss this matter with the school board or the school superintendent or the deputy school superintendent for ELL.

No one can assist you until you first discuss this with the district officials.

You can also discuss this with your elected school board representative or official.

By the way, if the child is just residing with you and you aren't his legal guardian or don't have legal custody of the lad, yes, that could be a problem, too.

I'm sure they gave you a reason.

If they didn't, I suggest you discuss it and get a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back