Can the Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court Reopen Cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisyphus

Soon after the Sex Offender Registry was enacted it was challenged on the basis that it violated privacy interests and proscribed cruel and unusual punishment.

This was denied by the SJC on the grounds that the government had a "compelling interest" in protecting people, and that the registry was not punishment.

Can the SJC justices that heard these cases or the chief justice re-open them on their own initiative to correct a condition that has changed?

What I am getting at is: time has she light on the fact that the "compelling government interest" is not met by the registry. DOJ statistics in past 20 years provide proof of this. So how can they continue to shirk our privacy interests?

Also at the time of the cruel and unusual punishment/undue burden/ex post facto argument it was held that the registry "is no more burdensome than registering a car" this of course is not a valid statement and never realy was.

Further several recent court cases have held that the registry is in fact punishment and that no legitimate argument can be made that it is otherwise in its current state.

Does the SJC have a responsibility to correct statutes on their own if facts are sufficient to indicate a gross error?

Can I address the Chief Justice, or the attorney general and request that they repeal and rewrite the law? Is this within their powers? Could I sue them for damages if they fail to take action and I could prove damages?

How about the president? Does he have the power to address a gross error in the law? Could I sue him if I make him aware and he fails to address this?

Last edited:
If there were any question in my mind who this poster was, this post would have wiped them out.

CBG, why is it that you insist on causing problems? You can't blame a person for trying to expore his legal options. Everyone, "EVERYONE", has the right to be informed what their rights are and what avenues they have for redress of their grievances. I know that many people think that sex offenders have no rights but this is the very thinking that got MANY sex offenders convicted in the first place.

Sisyphus, please stop spamming our forum.

This is your last warning.

You do have options:
Open a FaceBook or Twitter account and you can post hundreds if these queries daily. But, even FB and Twitter have limits, so be careful.

You could also start your OWN blog and write all the missives you wish.

But for the time being, stop it, please. What you're doing is spamming.

Be advised, I won't debate this or discuss this, so proceed with due caution.

Sisyphus, I do know who you are.

How I know doesn't matter, I have my ways.

If you ask a direct question, perhaps we could help.

No need to dance around the bush.

We don't judge.

In fact, most of us know that many criminal defendants get screwed, and there are innocent people behind those cold, prison walls.

Sisyphus, I do know who you are.

How I know doesn't matter, I have my ways.

If you ask a direct question, perhaps we could help.

No need to dance around the bush.

We don't judge.

In fact, most of us know that many criminal defendants get screwed, and there are innocent people behind those cold, prison walls.

Army judge the problem is that I have a thousand questions. I am faced with an insurmountable amount of legal burden by the registry requirements. I can not afford to keep hiring attorneys time and time again as laws mount up against me. This is why am exploring every avenue to find the path of least resistance to correct my circumstances. I would not expect anyone who was not in my shoes to understand but please believe me when I say I need help.

Another reason I don't just use google is because goole only finds all the case law that shows the failures of other folks with similar arguements.

I am exploring new avenues, trying to think out of the box.

I really don't care if the whole registry comes crashing down, I just want peace for myself and my family.

If you didn't like me on EL and FA, you're going to HATE me here, because here I DO have banning power. So does AJ. And contrary to what you may believe, it's not because you are a sex offender, but because you are trolling.

You are free to contact your local Legal Aid, the state bar association, or any law schools in your area. Massachusetts is brim full of low cost opportunities. Based on your IP address, it might be a bit of a drive for you but you're not THAT far out. So start googling Massachusetts Legal Assistance instead of spamming every message board you can find.

By the way, I'm on at least two you haven't hit yet. And I'm a moderator on one of them.

Army judge the problem is that I have a thousand questions. I am faced with an insurmountable amount of legal burden by the registry requirements. I can not afford to keep hiring attorneys time and time again as laws mount up against me. This is why am exploring every avenue to find the path of least resistance to correct my circumstances. I would not expect anyone who was not in my shoes to understand but please believe me when I say I need help.

You'll never get convicted sex offender registry requirements overturned using the courts.

If you want that law changed, start lobbying your elected state representatives and senators.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back