Can someone be harmed due to lack of payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

francero

If an airline has not paid the proper airport fees can they be refused landing and the plane crashes?

Can a car leasing company remotely disable the ignition in a car while it is driving on the highway because the owner has not paid their bill, risking their lives?

I assume the answer to these questions is no, they cannot. But I am trying to find out why. What is the exact constitutional provision that does not allow this type of behavior? Businesses may argue that if someone did not pay for a service that they have the right to not provide them with that service even though it may threaten their life, if it is turned off, but I am sure they cannot. Again, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what the legal, constitutional vehicle is why they cannot do that. In other words, what is the constitutional right one has to not be exposed to such harm for financial reasons.

Thank you very much

"Poster is on another website with the same questions." ? what is the point of posting this? So I should not receive an answer because I posted somewhere else too?

The law does not change from forum to forum. Many of the same responders are on multiple forums. Since the law is the same no matter where you get it, there's no real reason for the same people to type out the same answers for you on multiple sites.

If an airline has not paid the proper airport fees can they be refused landing and the plane crashes?

Can a car leasing company remotely disable the ignition in a car while it is driving on the highway because the owner has not paid their bill, risking their lives?

I assume the answer to these questions is no, they cannot. But I am trying to find out why. What is the exact constitutional provision that does not allow this type of behavior? Businesses may argue that if someone did not pay for a service that they have the right to not provide them with that service even though it may threaten their life, if it is turned off, but I am sure they cannot. Again, I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what the legal, constitutional vehicle is why they cannot do that. In other words, what is the constitutional right one has to not be exposed to such harm for financial reasons.

Thank you very much

So, you rented a car, failed to pay (or kept the car beyond the agreed upon return time), and now wonder if it was okay when the rental company shut off the car while you were tooling along the highway, right?

Read the rental contract YOU signed.
All your answers are there, right under your nose.

This has NOTHING to do with the constitution.

This is a matter of contract law.
It could potentially be criminal.

I'm closing the thread, asked and answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back