Can one sibling inherit everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reggie_Hammon

I recently discovered that my father left me everything in his will. Money, property, everything and my younger sister gets it all in case I am deceased at the time the will is active. She is a secondary beneficiary. My sister and I have 4 other siblings with him and they get nothing. They are not even mentioned in the will. His reasoning is he raised the other 4 as well as my younger sister and has given them and supported them in their lives and careers. He did not raise me and feels he has not been there for me etc. The question is is this legal? Can the will be contested by my other siblings? BTW I live NYC in case that helps. Thank You in advance.

This is perfectly legal. So long as your father was of sound mind when he created the will, there are two witnesses to the will, and the authenticity of the will is not in question, then they would not succeed in contesting the will.

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast response. Yes he was of sound mind and there where witnesses (if I understand the situation correctly). A notary was one of the witnesses. I'm still a little stunned that he did that. This is a cool site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back