Can my fiance kick me and the kids out with a backdated 18 day notice?

6GsMomma

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My fiance and I have been together for 11 1/2 yrs, almost 9 months in our current residence. The rent for this house gets taken from his paycheck every week since he works for the real estate company. His boss and him bought this place with the purpose of our children growing up in this county. Monday, while drunk, my fiance has a fight with our teenager and me and tells me I have 18 days to get out and he leaves. 3 of the 4 kids here are his. He claims he's bringing home a backdated eviction notice for me and the girls today and that we 'better get the hell out' by July 18th. I pay half the bills here, they are in both of our names. There is no actual lease and his boss, the property owner, hasn't said a word to me about having to leave. He's only told the 16 yr old that he will 'talk to ' my fiance. What do I do if he comes home with this piece paper??

What do I do if he comes home with this piece paper??

If there is time today I suggest you go to the court house (or first thing tomorrow) and take out a restraining order (he's drunk and violent and you are afraid for your children). Have it served on him and the police will put HIM out of the house.

Then hire a lawyer and seek child support.

You, on the other hand, are entitled to nothing by way of support since you were foolish enough to have children with a guy you've never been married to.

Meantime, if he tries any physical violence, call the police on the spot.

I'd suggest looking for another place to live. He can evict you, even if not right this moment and you will lose. That will make it that much harder to find a new place.

If there is time today I suggest you go to the court house (or first thing tomorrow) and take out a restraining order (he's drunk and violent and you are afraid for your children). Have it served on him and the police will put HIM out of the house.

Then hire a lawyer and seek child support.

You, on the other hand, are entitled to nothing by way of support since you were foolish enough to have children with a guy you've never been married to.

Meantime, if he tries any physical violence, call the police on the spot.

I just did the calculator for child support and it comes out to around $600 a month. Here's the problem with that.. How do I know he won't just sign over his rights so that he doesn't have to pay a dime for these kids?? He's already done that once.

He can't just 'sign over his rights'. That's not the way it works.

I just did the calculator for child support and it comes out to around $600 a month. Here's the problem with that.. How do I know he won't just sign over his rights so that he doesn't have to pay a dime for these kids?? He's already done that once.

If you believe that he can do that, you really do need to hire a lawyer.

Back