can i sue an auto machanic over blown engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklyChick

i paid this machanic 1200 dollars to fix my truck because the check engine light was on. He told me that he need to replace the radiator and thermostat and I'll need an oil change. So i agreed for him to do the work. two days later my truck started making this loud clicking sound so i took my truck back to him and he told me that the enging had a thrown rod. No freaking way my truck was running perfectly before i took it to him. Now i had to junk my truck and buy a new car. Plus i had to get a rental. I have a case and can i sue him for my lost.

You have not proved why the engine threw a rod. Presumably, you overheated it before taking it in for a new radiator/thermostat.

no the truck was not overheating, I took it in for failed emission (check engine light) was on. This jerk told me that i had a thrown rod less than one week after i paid him 1200. Wouldn't you think that he would have known that the engine was going bad before he took my money??? I still don't understand what do the Emission have to do with the radiator and thermostat?

I will put it to you in basic terms. The cost to pay for a professional tear down and failure analysis to even consider trying to claim he was at fault will cost into the thousands easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back