Business Contracts Can I sue a freelancer website for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidrave

Yes, I know most of them have some junk in their TOS saying they can ban you for any reason, but I think this goes a bit further.

So I had a client illegally charge back funds after collecting completed work (I have proof of this). She did this by filing a dispute with paypal. For filing the dispute with paypal her account was banned and I lost the money. Now the money for the job was only a few hundred, so it's not a big issue, the following is. I contacted her OUTSIDE of the freelancer system saying I would sue unless she corrected what she did. I would think it is my legal right to do so.

She did correct things and paid the freelancer site. As she did that she apparently complained complained to the freelancer website about me threatening to sue and they banned my account for it. At the time this happened the account was generating close to 3k/month, in addition to this getting banned from there has definitely damaged my brand name. My company outside of the freelancer site has some large clients so this is not a small thing.

I have not seen anything in their TOS that would allow this, furthermore they penalized me for doing something I have a legal right to do, they retained the money from the original transaction and even reinstated the client's account.

Anything I can do about this legally?

You're free, as are we all, to speak with a lawyer.

If there is a remedy available, it'll be in a real court room.

Why do you think the answer is going to be any different here than it has been on the other multiple boards where you've posted it?

The law does not change from site to site. The fact that you don't like the information you've been given elsewhere does not make it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back