Corporate Law Can I sell interest in an LLC|TRUST without board approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc3200

I am 1 of 5 people who own a portion of a 2yr C corp. I have board approval to transfer that ownership to an LLC or TRUST.
My question: Two partners beleive it is NOT o.k. to persue partners in that trust, except family. The other two partners say it o.k. to have outside parties invest in that LLC|TRUST? Since the stock is never transfered or sold, I would think it is o.k. as long as I am the primary owner and managing member of that LLC|TRUST.
The company has a 60 day first right of refusal to purchase stock, if the company does not persue the sale, then each owner has that same first right of refusal to purchase.
Please provide some feedback on the legal ramifications of having partners in the LLC|TRUST.

You should ask that question of the trust administrator or your own attorney. Without reading your trust documents, any answer I'd give would be too general for you to rely upon for sale or transfer.

You should take copies of every document about your trust with you when you speak with the attorney. It'll cost you a few hundred bucks, but you need precision and accuracy in the answer you receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back