Can I retrieve a car in my name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiboy12

My and my girlfriend have split up. I financed a car that she is driving. The title is in my name. I have made some of the payments towards it. She pays the insurance for it and makes a majority of the payments. Being in my name, can I legally take the car back at any time? I simply want to cut contact and do not want to take payments from her. I will keep the car to drive myself. If I take the car back, what options does she have? Would she have a strong case to sue me for insurance payments or payments towards the loan? Again, both the title and financing are in my name.

My and my girlfriend have split up. I financed a car that she is driving. The title is in my name. I have made some of the payments towards it. She pays the insurance for it and makes a majority of the payments. Being in my name, can I legally take the car back at any time? I simply want to cut contact and do not want to take payments from her. I will keep the car to drive myself. If I take the car back, what options does she have? Would she have a strong case to sue me for insurance payments or payments towards the loan? Again, both the title and financing are in my name.

You own the car. The car is legally yours.
Of course you can simply retrieve your car, or hire a "repo man" to do it for you.
Don't trespass to get your car.
Don't announce that you're coming to get your car.
Do operate with stealth and cleverness.
She goes to Walmart, you and pal are there.
You hop out and drive away in your car.
Same same at other PUBLIC places - shopping mall parking lots, public street, etc...
Be smart, avoid doing it at 2:30 AM out of her driveway.
A parking lot of a hotel, bar, apartment complex, easier, but notify local PD after you've taken it; to eliminate her filing a false stolen car report.

Whatever she does, even if she sues for insurance payments, car notes will fail.
Those were simply unsolicited gifts that allowed you to permit her to DRIVE, not own YOUR car.
So, be smart, go retrieve YOUR car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back