Copyright Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almawisecup

I make reborn dolls. (And sell them) I'm wanting so badly to make a certain set of dolls that have been inspired by disneys princes and princesses. However, the look of the doll and even whether it's a boy or girl is completely out of my own imagination. There have been sequels to certain movies where the characters had children, but what I'd make wouldn't reflect said children at all! They'd come straight from my imagination. The names of the dolls are also inspired, but not technically used in the Disney movies. For example:
Tiana and prince Naveen (the princess and the frog)
The baby would be a boy, named Ralphy James. Now Ralphy was naveens little brother and James tiana's father (according to some research I've done) but the name Ralphy James wasn't ever given to one certain person in a Disney film, that I know of. I'd probably dress him in something green and maybe even use some toy frogs as photo props, I'd like to say he's inspired by the Disney couple and maybe even go as far as calling the collection of dolls the DisME collection, as it's a combination of Disney inspirations and my own imagination..I just don't know how "allowed" to do it I am.

If you are basing it on "research" of Disney films and characters, then it isn't straight out of your imagination. Consult an intellectual property attorney for details but expect this to be a no-go.

If it's a combination of Disney inspirations and your own imagination, it "probably" will not fly but you can talk to a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back