Can I do anything???

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnialex

I recently purchased a vehicle from a used car dealership. I was so busy flipping through the pages that I neglected to notice a fee for $500 with just a couple of initials next to it (mistake #1 - read EVERYTHING). I called the salesman and he told me that was a fee for a 30/1k mile warranty(mistake # 2 - I should have had him transfer me directly to the sales manager). Seems okay, except that I opted for an extended 3yr/36k warranty and paid a pretty penny for it.

I have tried to call the dealership several times and the finance manager seems to be out of the office or busy with customers everytime I call. Is there anything I can do - legally - since I already signed the papers? Or am I at the mercy of the super honest and beyond reproach used car dealer being nice and refunding my $500?

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks.

See what can be worked out. Perhaps it can be. Are your initials next to these terms? If they are... then it's tough and you really might have to eat it. Let's assume they aren't. If it were me then I might send them a pre-suit letter stating that the terms were changed without my realizing and I called to correct this error very quickly. If I can't get satisfaction I'll pursue my claim in court and report them to the Better Business Bureau and relevant state agencies. That might job some more honesty out of the used car salesman, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back