Can I charge my former roommates for a rental truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lvm41983

I would like to know if I can charge my former roommates to remove items from the apartment I shared with them. Here is the situation..
I moved out of the apartment I shared with two roommates on May 8th 2009. A week before I moved out I met with my two roommates and with my replacement. We sat down and talked about what I would be taking with me, and what I would be leaving. I told them I would leave couch set because they would not have anything to sit on. It was agreed that I would leave it there for a couple of months and that the only item my replacement would need to get would be a chaise lounge. So on May 8th I rent a Budget Rental Truck to remove my bed and dressers. It was a 24' truck with plenty of room and I would've had enough room to fit a lot more items. I get a text message from one of my roommates on May 17th saying that I needed to remove my furniture set because the new roommate decided he would be getting new furniture (after we had agreed mine would be staying) Is there a way I can charge them for the rental truck I will have to get to remove the furniture? I don't think it's right that I rented a truck to remove my items and they are now forcing me to rent another after I was nice enough to let them borrow the furniture set.

Someone please assist me with this. I would like to know what options are available to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back