Can I be sued ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slredmon2000

In November of 07 my 26 year old borrowed my car and backened a car which inturn hit another vehicle. all claims were settled with my insurance except one victim has now sued my insurance. if her sue were more than my coverage could My husband and I be sue or only my daughter the adult driver that was cited for the crash. Ohio

Who is being sued? The insurance company, you or, both? At very least expect your payments to increase by quite a bit or you to be cancelled

It is rare that people have to give any sort of personal contribution in a case like this. Normally your policy limits are enough. People usually only have to give a contribution if there are some sort of punitive damages involved that are above and beyond policy limits. Rarely do they have to give out any of their own money for run of the mill cases.

insurance company is being sued. They already trid to significantly raise our rates but we argue with them and believe it or not they backed down....This was before one of the victims decided not to settle and get a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back