Can I be charged aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw33tp3ach

:( I was at a party last night when my ex walked in ..Very bad cuz i was drinking and am very bitter about are whole situation . So he made some mean comment and i snapped and said a few choice words i threw my purse at him and he charged at me but i ran . He was forced outside and the owner of the house locked the door He thought i locked him out so he gets back in Charges at me grabs me by my face and like lifts me up . He squeezed my face hard and was screaming at me . He went to swing at me and his friend grabbed him and kicked him out of the house. So now i have bruises on my face and my dad wants me to press charges but isn't throwing the purse at him some kind of assult cuz if it is than i don't want to press charges and get it in return So what should i do

Yes, you could be charged with assault. You were the primary aggresor here, so the charges should fall back to you. Right or wrong, the man has a constitutionally protected right to protect himself from harm. It appears as though you provoked him to start with. (From what you wrote)

Have you thought of staying off the booze and seeking anger management? If you go to court you will have to anyway.

Hello- I reside in NYC and have a roommate that has been there for approx. 33 days, there is no signed agreement and I am the only one on the lease. I want him out and he is demanding I sign some sort of lease agreement or he will take me to court. I have agreed to give his deposit back once he vacates my premises. Can you please advise?

Hello- I reside in NYC and have a roommate that has been there for approx. 33 days, there is no signed agreement and I am the only one on the lease. I want him out and he is demanding I sign some sort of lease agreement or he will take me to court. I have agreed to give his deposit back once he vacates my premises. Can you please advise?

Please start your own thread.

- Carl

So now i have bruises on my face and my dad wants me to press charges but isn't throwing the purse at him some kind of assult cuz if it is than i don't want to press charges and get it in return So what should i do
Yes, you could both be charged. However, it sounds as if the more serious offense would go his way as he apparently forced entry and inflicted injury upon you. This re-entry and assault is far outside the scope of self defense as it would appear to be retaliatory and not defensive.

You should consider reporting it to the police or at least obtaining a restraining order.

- Carl

I want to but my record is clean and i don't want to get into any trouble .He has also said today to his friend to keep me away from him or im gonna get punched so now he is threatening me.So now im scared to death

You can either continue to live scared and do nothing ... or, you can report all of this to the police. Given the big picture, tossing your purse at him is going to be the lesser of the offenses that you have described, and not as likely to be pursued given what apparently transpired after that.

In my state throwing your purse would be a low level misdemeanor ... getting beaten, battered and bruised would be a serious felony. I suspect it's much the same where you are.

- Carl

Maybe you should get a restraining order. If nothing was filed or reported in the other state, not much could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back