can he legally not give my car back

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonysiracuse

ello everyone,
my name is tony ( hello tony).....lol....anyhow, i am having at the moment a very minor crisis involving my car. I took the vehicle to a mechanic 2 weeks ago . I asked to have the car looked over and any problems fixed . I realize that you all probably hear a million sob story's a day, but mine is real , im no whiner , i am a student and the very very proud father of the cutest 2 year old you never seen ! So being a student, i naturally want to keep prices very ,very , very , very , very ,low( i could of went on you know but 5 is enough very's for me) and at the same time have a safe vehicle for my son! Well , really long story kinda short ,9 days 500 dollars and a coil and ground wire later(500 for a new coil and fixed ground) i finally get my car back . TEN MINUTES AFTER i pull it out of the lot, it starts smoking , AND ALL THE COOLANT LEAKS OUT, i had to have it towed a mile or two back . And now the guy says even though it was in his possession for 9 days and he said he inspected it, he wont fix it. he wants hundreds more now! and if i want to take it somewhere else , i have to pay him for the tow , which after spending 500 on the other stuff, as you can guess........I DON'T HAVE IT.....IN COMES THE CAR HOSTAGE SITUATION.........please help !!!!!! im up shits creek WITHOUT A TAURUS!!

Was the vehicle not running good? If it ran ok, but had other problems, there was no reason to change that coil.

Being a single father, I know how important a vehicle is, especially in the winter time.

Is the vehicle worth it? YOu may be better off taking your loss's now, and getting a different one.

Have you taken it to someone else? If so, what have they said was the cause of the leak? If it were a hose, make damn sure you get that from them so you can see if it was cut by the other guy. Keep it! Keep all your old parts. Tell them you want them BEFORE they start, this will cut back on some of the BS.

Find out what your total cost is going to be, and compair it to the value of the vehicle(actual value, not what you want for it).

What the other mechanic can do, if you don't pay, is file a mechanics lien against the vehicle, then you will be screwed. YOu won't be able to get rid of it until you have him paid in full. Not trying to make things worse for you, just explaining what COULD happen, not what WILL happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back