Can "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" be considered as crime of moral turpitude?

sumit_tumba

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I didn't her the police siren as my car's radio volume was high, and also didn't see the red/blue light because, I guess police car was not close enough and it was day time.

Can "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" and "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" be considered a crime of moral turpitude?

Its in MISSOURI.

Generally speaking no, but you have provided no context.

Thanks for the quick answer.
To provide you context, I have an old 2006 Toyota Camry, but to drop my parents to Chicago (to catch a flight) from Jeff city, I rented an 2018 Chevy Impala. I was not used to drive such brand new car, it was kind of sound proof, and accelerator was so smooth that I didnt realize that I was driving so fast. Police followed me for sometime, and arrested with charge speeding 98 on 60, and also failed to yield police car.
if the context is clear now, can you answer better. Thanks a lot in advance.

That isn't context, just an excuse for speeding and not paying attention to what is going on around you while driving through traffic. Context is why its matter if you committed a crime of moral turpitude. Were you arrested and charged with a criminal offense or was this just a traffic ticket?

That isn't context, just an excuse for speeding and not paying attention to what is going on around you while driving through traffic. Context is why its matter if you committed a crime of moral turpitude. Were you arrested and charged with a criminal offense or was this just a traffic ticket?

Yes, I was arrested and charged with a criminal offense.
1) "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" - Misdemeanor A
2) "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" - Misdemeanor B

I am working on H1 visa here. So wondering, can it affect my visa when I want to extend my stay, or want to change the status?

Speeding less likely so, but you would be best served to discuss this with an immigration attorney. Facts are going to matter and the political landscape surrounding visas and immigration has changed considerably in the past year and a half.

and now this is at least the third board asking the same question --- and he's gotten the same answer each time. He really needs to be speaking only with his attorney.

wow! You failed to notice quite a bit, didn't you? Sounds/sirens, lights/vision and your own speed limit (98 in a 60?) No idea on the moral turpitude, but dude you just hung yourself with your own words with admitting what you didn't notice.

did you also post this same question on Avvo in May? Driving 98 on 60, and failed to yield in MO - c - Q&A - Avvo Do you have an attorney already?
Yes, I didn't hear siren And didn't see light, thats how it happen right? If I see/hear either of them then I would not post this question here.
Do you think this thing happened with only me? In history of traffic offense? And what do you mean by hung in my own words?

and now this is at least the third board asking the same question --- and he's gotten the same answer each time. He really needs to be speaking only with his attorney.
Why? Why I would be speaking only with my attorney? I can ask and get advice from any sources I want.

Why? Why I would be speaking only with my attorney? I can ask and get advice from any sources I want.

because posting on the internet admitting that you failed to pay attention to your surroundings is not a good excuse for being 38 miles above the speed limit failing to notice a cop following you with lights and sirens...

Go ahead, be stupid about it.

We have enough native born drivers here who cannot pay attention to the road and their surroundings when they drive and put people's lives in danger - we don't need to import more. Maybe you should plan on going home.

Moral turpitude? No... Not unless it could be proven you were deliberately evading police, but that is likely a different charge.

Your problem here is the speed. That much over the limit probably qualified as reckless driving which is an arrestable offense. That coupled with the failure to yield landed you in jail.

You stand to get a doozy of a fine, points inr your license, and higher or cancelled insurance... But no, not a crime of turpitude.

Back