Can e-mails be used in court? Even if they're NOT our accounts...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr1971w426hemi

Alright, so here's the story in a nutshell. My ex-aunt has been plotting false allegations against my uncle. She arrived here from India ONLY to get a green card...as in, she came to America with my uncle, decieved the whole family, and was planning to leave him as soon as she can stay in America legally. However, my relatives and I caught on to her scheming, and she's left the house.

Now, the way we found out about her false allegations and immigration fraud was through HER e-mail accounts. She had choosen incredibly simple passwords, and were cracked EASILY. The question is, can we use these e-mails in court against her?

A prompt reply would be appreciated.

Thank you,

:confused: rr1971w426hemi :confused:

Good question and it's difficult to say. You can always try but she may claim that her e-mail account is her property and you stole the information. She may very well be right about this although there sometimes are factors. Was her e-mail account on computers you owned? Were the passwords saved on the computer so that you might have been curious as to what is on your computer and then discovered as to whose account it was? Is the e-mail account paid for by your uncle?

What court are you in -- or has this case even got to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back