Can a minor be held responsible for medical bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowangelz430

In 2001 my son had surgery he was a minor at the time. It is now on his credit report and we are having a hard time getting this taken off. I was the guarentor and his legal guardian I had to file bankruptcy so the bill was included in the bankruptcy This was in 2001 This bill was put on his credit report in 2005.. Is it legal to put a medical bill on a minors credit report? Can he be held responsible for the bill now that he is over 21???
This one hospital bill is on 3 different peoples credit reports Can this be done????

Last edited:
File a dispute with the credit bureau so that the credit report will show that it is disputed. Go to (deleted at the request of the poster)
May have information to help you and look at other links in that website for more information. You can even email a question I believe, and file a complaint against the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have disputed this with all three credit reporting agencies and no luck. We are now trying to get the collection agency to take it off and if they refuse again I'm not sure where to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back