Can a lender place a lien while I’m shopping for re-finance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitmo

I have a mortgage which I pay on time.
I started to do some shopping around to see if I can get a better deal for refinance.
I started talking with few lenders/banks and with one of then I even did appraisal (which I paid to the appraiser)
I didn't decided yet who to go with, but the lender that for him I did the appraisal start put some pressure on me to close it…
I receive a "disclosure package from him" which I found missing important details (such when I can do refinance, is there any per payment penalty etc…)
I didn't sign on this package or any other document since as I said, I'm shopping around…
Today this lender left me a message stating that if I will not decide, he will place a Lien against my House (!!!)
Is that for real?
Base on what?
What can I do now?
I know for sure that now I don't want to do refinance with him…

Please help!!!

I can help with this

Although not an attorney, I am a mortgage broker in several states. You can contact the banking commission for your state and file a complaint. Any documents you sign for any loan officer are considered preliminary. You are bound to nothing including using that company. You should be aware of your credit score, do not let multiple loan officers pull your credit because it lowers your scores. Neither a mortgage broker nor banker can place a lien on your home if your mortgage is current. This type of behavior warrants a complaint to the owner or manager of this company and a letter to the banking commission. What rate are you getting and in what state?

Thank you for your advice.

I will see what I can do about that aggressive behavior.

Regarding my mortgage:
I have a fixed 30 Y in 7.25% (I know that it's high…)
The thing is that this is "Foreign national" loan since I'm in the state only a 1+ year and I'm not a residence/green card holder.
I'm on L1 visa, working for big company (relocation).

my location...

Is in NJ, USA
Regarding my problem, I will be happy to hear other/more peoples opinions as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back