can a lawyer get a client out on bond at a grand jury trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

misery

Hello my name is (deleted) my fiance is currently held at cook county jail in Chicago Illinois on a robbery with firearm charge now my question is this his case has just been submitted to the grand jury this Tuesday he was charged may 6 his lawyer stated to me at this grand jury trial he will ask for his bond to be lowered from it being 350,000 and he will be out on bond is that possible at a grand jury trial

Last edited by a moderator:
His lawyer knows how to go about getting a bail reduction hearing. Just because he gets the hearing doesn't mean bail will be reduced.
If bail is reduced he still has to come up with the money. If he is starting at $350k I would bet the reduced amount will still require a large sum of cash to get him out.

Yes, a bail reduction hearing will be held, separate and apart from the grand jury meeting.

His lawyer will argue for a reduction.
The state will argue it shouldn't.
It normally is reduced, as bail can't be used to punish a defendant.
A $350K bond for robbery in Chicago is rather high, unless he is a cursed of being a serial robber.

My guess is his bail will be reduced to $100! Maybe $50K, if he's very lucky.

If he has information the police are seeking to coach other bad guys, it might even go down to $5,000.

Please return and tell us what happened. Thank you.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back