Can a deputy put out a warrant for your arrest solely on the premise of not talking to him?

Hd1991

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
Ok well my cousin has called the cops on my husband saying that he has been texting her and such. We received a call from the deputy last week. He wanted to talk to my husband. My husband talked to the deputy and agreed that we would not contact my cousin again. We deleted her number out of both phones along with all call logs and text messages with her number. (Just for the record she thought it was my husband texting her but it was me asking her to find me on hangouts and asking about how her pregnancy was going. My father's family is completely psycho.) Well today we get a call from the same detective and he was saying that he received another complaint from her. He also said that he wanted to know where my husband was so he could come and "talk" with him. We were not sure of the address as we were at a friends house. When our friend called the officer back to try to find out what was going on the officer got an attitude and said he was going to put a warrant out for my husbands arrest. So my question is can an officer put out a warrant for someone's arrest solely on the premise of them refusing to talk to them?

So my question is can an officer put out a warrant for someone's arrest solely on the premise of them refusing to talk to them?

A law enforcement officer contacts the prosecutor with a criminal case.
The prosecutor decides if a warrant should be issued.
The prosecutor then takes the request for a warrant to a judge convincing the judge to authorize a warrant's issuance.

You might wish to remain silent if you are ever questioned by law enforcement.

Thank you. I have another question. My cousin made another complaint yesterday as I said previously. If they do issue a warrant and put him in jail but I can provide phone records that she was never contacted yesterday then what will happen?

Thank you. I have another question. My cousin made another complaint yesterday as I said previously. If they do issue a warrant and put him in jail but I can provide phone records that she was never contacted yesterday then what will happen?

If you didn't do anything, you won't have problems.

I can provide phone records that she was never contacted yesterday

Phone records that show no phone calls is not evidence that no phone calls were made (from somewhere). Get it?

What did your husband do with or to your cousin to get in her sights?

I'll bet there's more to his story than he is even telling you.

Phone records that show no phone calls is not evidence that no phone calls were made (from somewhere). Get it?

What did your husband do with or to your cousin to get in her sights?

I'll bet there's more to his story than he is even telling you.

Truthful indeed

No the police officer said that the text messages came from my phone number. That is how he got the number. If you knew my family you would understand that they are just the type of people that like to start drama. Have you ever heard of a white trash idiot? Well that is what catagory they fall underneath. They also aware that my husband is about to receive a settlement through a worker's compensation case. My mother went through hell with these people for nearly 20 years. They even went as far as to coerce my brother into saying that she inappropriately touched him. She was cleared and my brother admitted that he had lied. So now do you see the type of people that we are working with here?

No the police officer said that the text messages came from my phone number. That is how he got the number. If you knew my family you would understand that they are just the type of people that like to start drama. Have you ever heard of a white trash idiot? Well that is what catagory they fall underneath. They also aware that my husband is about to receive a settlement through a worker's compensation case. My mother went through hell with these people for nearly 20 years. They even went as far as to coerce my brother into saying that she inappropriately touched him. She was cleared and my brother admitted that he had lied. So now do you see the type of people that we are working with here?

All the more reason to IMMEDIATELY AND FOREVER cease all contact, communication, correspondence, and association with the bunch of troublemaking hooligans.

You can't save anyone but yourself.

Likewise for your husband.

However, phone records can be spoofed.

Talking to the police, explaining to the police, alibing to the police are never in your best interests.

Going forward, simply don't respond.

If the police wish to talk to you (or anyone), politely decline and say, "Sorry, I invoke. I won't be commenting on this or any other matter without the assistance of a lawyer."

No matter what the cops do, say, or threaten; be polite but stand firm.

The place to defend yourself is in a courtroom with the assistance of counsel.

Back