Can a credit card company sue after selling your debt to a collection agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspj5

I live in Boston,MA and i just wanted to know if a credit card company cane really sue you in court after they have already sent your information to a collection agency. i t would make more sense if the collection agency was the one suing. It just doesn't make sense to me??? Thanks in advance!!

yes

Yes they can sue and if they do you can get a lawyer or represent yourself.

I was sued by you guessed it, Capital One (seems Capital One and Providian are the two who love to sue everyone). I wrote in response to the lawsuit to oppose it. 3 parts: Validation, Denial and also Motion for Discovery. I found some help on the internet that went over the Validation and Denial but the motion for discovery is a bit more. I have asked questions and I am going to see the clerk to get copies of other Motions for Discovery.

There is a good article written about what to do when you get sued by credit card companies. I'm not sure if we can post links but I googled credit card sued me in (then I put state). If you dig you'll find some good links. Some sites have forums, some sites have where you ask a lawyer a question and pay them money if you like their answer.

From what I gather no lawyer is going to let you chit chat with him/her over the phone so you are not going to get answers without getting on the internet. Some questions you have may be specific and you need a lawyer or expert to answer, if so find someone online that can answer your questions. Just ask, all experts. You may have to pay but it's worth it.

Find the article about what to respond to a civil action from a credit card company. If you don't reply to the allegations and show up in court you automatically lose... no matter what. The name of the game is to deny that you owe it (make them prove you owe X amount with interest). Then in your motion for discovery request lots of things. A copy of the contract, a copy of all signed and unsigned purchases, a copy of the last statement sent to you, a copy of all your discussions with the plaintiff... the list goes on and on. Make them do their work. Don't just give in and admit u owe it. If you lose the trial then it's time to hire a lawyer. If you win well you had a good time in court and didn't have to pay any money.

I'm not a lawyer, this is my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back