Domestic Violence & Civil Orders can a class c misdemeanor be off my record if I take ptd?

Mell

I have a warrant for a class c misdemeanor I went to court but the prosecutor said the best option for me would be ptd and it will be off my record, my question is can that be possible or will I still need to get a attorney after I completed all requirements? I also want to know since I'm going to school for law enforcement will this show up if I apply for a job as a peace officer ? This incident happened in 2013 and was just brought up to me, they said they have pictures of the other person and on the police report it says a lot of things that aren't true, the other person is willing to go with me and say the truth about what happened, I'm just worried that this could result into me losing my peace officer license.
Thank you ,
If it helps this happened on san Antonio, TX

You should always wear clothing in public, and always hire an attorney to address important legal matters.
See an attorney or two, and see what information you receive.
If you plead or are convicted, the record won't just disappear.
If you wanna be a cop, YES, most convictions ARE a big deal.
You can sometimes TRY to explain away stuff, but some departments (the best departments) want you to be squeaky clean.
You should want that, too.

One last comment, for the moment: What is the crime with which you have been charged. Yes, it matters, as ALL crimes were not conceived equally!!!

Last edited:
Back