can a civil case for accounting go to trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanluca

I have been sued for an accounting dispute. I have documents, and contracts to support my case. How can they ignore the evidence and take this to a jury trial? The plaintiff's are attorneys. Can this be an abuse of the legal system for personal gain?
I thought that this is a mediation or arbitration issue. This is confusing for a layman...who isn't familiar with the protocol. I would like to know what the laws are in Clackamas County. Can I be forced to go to trial when I am unrepresented?

accounting issues go to trial?

I have been sued for an accounting dispute. I have documents, and contracts to support my case. How can they ignore the evidence and take this to a jury trial? The plaintiff's are attorneys. Can this be an abuse of the legal system for personal gain?
I thought that this is a mediation or arbitration issue. This is confusing for a layman...who isn't familiar with the protocol. I would like to know what the laws are in Clackamas County. Can I be forced to go to trial when I am unrepresented?[/QUOTE]

[

If you were a client, look at your contract. Most lawyers give room for some arbitrators they recognize who you could contact and use per the lawyer's contract. It is strange they will sue without attempting to resolve the problem…………But if you have all the papers to prove your case, double check! Lawyer would not sue without mediation if they are not certain they will win. Try to make contact with them in a certified letter asking why they are suing you, if you guys can use a mediator, or for clarification and what cost they are alleging……………If you are not savvy with the law, consult a lawyer…………you don't want to lose and have to pay their legal fees. The court would not care if you don't have a lawyer...........It is your duty to try and defend yourself.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back