Can a California Doctor charge interest on my bill of less than 400.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauretta

Hello. I have been trying to pay off a chiropractor bill, it was originally 221.00. I am paying 25.00 to 35.00 per month but they are charging me 10.00% every month. So if my bill is 250.00 and I send in 25.00, they charge me 25.00 again so it never goes down. I have never signed any paperwork that states I have been explained the doctor's billing practices, nor is there any disclosure on this practice in his office. I appreciate your help.

Hello. I have been trying to pay off a chiropractor bill, it was originally 221.00. I am paying 25.00 to 35.00 per month but they are charging me 10.00% every month. So if my bill is 250.00 and I send in 25.00, they charge me 25.00 again so it never goes down. I have never signed any paperwork that states I have been explained the doctor's billing practices, nor is there any disclosure on this practice in his office. I appreciate your help.

Have you inquired?

I'm sure an answer would follow.

You owe a debt.

Very few debts are carried without interest.

Is there any way you can get a loan with a lower interest rate & pay off the doctor or possibly ask the doctor's office if they might consider a lower interest rate?

I suggest you work on a new budget that allows for you to make higher payments on your debts. In order to have the billing issue that you are experiencing you must also have poor spending habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back