California ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denny

California ticket (speeding)

I was driving in a road with a rented car, which only have kilometers/hour, according to the maximum speed 70 MPH and my calculations :( driving 120 KPH should be fine, well after a while a police officer pull me off saying he caught me at 83 in a 70 MPH way, I didn't repply at all because I tought my calculations where wrong, what more surprises me was that I was right in the middle of other 2 cars and a motorcycle, (1 in front, 1 and the moto behind) and we where driving that way for at least 30 mins.

I don't know what this guy was playing at, he wrote I'm around 160 when I'm a big guy of clearly over 210, he wrote I have black hair when mine is nearly blonde, he wrote brown eyes when mine are green:p, he wrote that the car owner and registration of vehicle are the same as the driver when they are not, it was rented, I think this guy needs better glasses

Anyways, I'm mexican so I don't care too much about points, should I go and just pay or need to wait until the specified date?

Or what should I do in this case?:cool:

Last edited:
Re: California ticket (speeding)

In my opinion it never hurts to fight it as you might get points reduced. In this instance you might even have a quesiton as to whether the police officer had a clue. You could challenge the speed if you believe that you were traveling no more than 70 MPH and it appears that the officer may have a bit of a credibility problem!!!! You may want to discuss it with the prosecutor to dro the case before you are in court. He/she might do so, especially when you point out all the glaring discrepancies!!! Let us know how it turns out for you please! :D

Originally posted by Denny
I was driving in a road with a rented car, which only have kilometers/hour, according to the maximum speed 70 MPH and my calculations :( driving 120 KPH should be fine, well after a while a police officer pull me off saying he caught me at 83 in a 70 MPH way, I didn't repply at all because I tought my calculations where wrong, what more surprises me was that I was right in the middle of other 2 cars and a motorcycle, (1 in front, 1 and the moto behind) and we where driving that way for at least 30 mins.

I don't know what this guy was playing at, he wrote I'm around 160 when I'm a big guy of clearly over 210, he wrote I have black hair when mine is nearly blonde, he wrote brown eyes when mine are green:p, he wrote that the car owner and registration of vehicle are the same as the driver when they are not, it was rented, I think this guy needs better glasses

Anyways, I'm mexican so I don't care too much about points, should I go and just pay or need to wait until the specified date?

Or what should I do in this case?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back