Business Debt, Collections Ca. Who files for a Case Management Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

folliard

I am being sued by a collections agency for an old credit card debt. I answered the summons with a denial. I wanted to know the next step. Can I file for a case management conference. I want to send of interrogatories, admissions and production of documents. Can I send all three in the same week. Is there a time limitation.
Thanks
Sam

If you've answered the summons then you've done what you needed to do in order to avoid a default judgment. I'm not sure what your "denial" contained but if it's also very old, there may also be an issue concerning the statute of limitations. Let's assume that the statute of limitations is not in issue. If it's just a credit card debt I'm unsure why you're using words like "interrogatories" - what would the purpose be? You'd want to see proof of the debt, which would almost certainly not involve interrogation of a party. If you think that you can avoid a judgment by wasting the court's time, think again. If there is a judgment rendered against you it might also include attorneys fees and an angry judge who will probably put the case to rest pretty quickly and ignore the party blustering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back