CA Tort Claims act- application for late fileing

Status
Not open for further replies.

meangirl99

I am going after Los Angeles Unified School District with out the help of an attorney. (a crazy thing to do- but I cant afford an attorney!) I have filed the required Tort Claim (CA Tort Claims Act requires that a claim be filed with the agency within 6mo of the cause of action- before you can bring suit in civil court) LAUSD has claimed that a small part of the claim is untimely. I have already submitted the application for acceptance of a late claim directly with LAUSD and I did not get a responce- deeming the application denied. Heres what I need to know- I know that under the provisions in CA Gov Code Sec 911 I can petition a judge to make LAUSD accept the application to bring a late claim- how- what forms do I need, what do I have to do? I already have worked out the legal grounds for my request (equitable estopple, continuing tort) but Im having technical problems in how to do this! Any advice appreciated- and if there are an attorneys that want to take a case on contingency let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back