CA Corp is closed down. Statute and Moving on.

Light10

Our family has a new business in food service. A completely separate CA Corp that sold lighting we had is closed down. Offices closed, nothing is continuing, we had shareholders and employees. We tried to resurrect in good faith for a time, but no luck. I looked and the business still shows active at online Corp database almost 4 years later with an officer name showing. I read Cal. Corp Code 2011, about before or after dissolution rules. The shareholders have disappeared, and all knew of the shut down and all felt it was disappointing for the closing 4 years ago, and have not made any contact. Some shareholders stated they wrote it off. As far as we were concerned, everything was finished and once it is 4 years past, an amount of, or the officer liability will drop off. A few lamps remain. We would like to move on and resolve and get rid of or sell the rest of the lamps. We would like some tips if any are needed, and would like to just let this dissipate down at this point as the business is gone.

I'm not sure what kind of tips you are looking for. If you have concerns about the dissolution of the business, you might talk to a lawyer.

I wrote to this forum very carefully hoping for help and support. I have seen advice from professionals, people in the same shoes, attorneys, and others and was very much looking forward to this. I apologize if my question didn't stand out and I realize it is contained within the wording. We had a small lighting business and are looking for people who had had small businesses. Once it is 4 years passed since we closed, an amount of, or does the officer liability drop off? And what about the few items of lamps? We are not sure how to deal with funds coming in from those years later? I think a lot of people are downsizing and have to make new arrangements and I would be grateful for some insights on this. Thanks much.

I wrote to this forum very carefully hoping for help and support. I have seen advice from professionals, people in the same shoes, attorneys, and others and was very much looking forward to this. I apologize if my question didn't stand out and I realize it is contained within the wording. We had a small lighting business and are looking for people who had had small businesses. Once it is 4 years passed since we closed, an amount of, or does the officer liability drop off? And what about the few items of lamps? We are not sure how to deal with funds coming in from those years later? I think a lot of people are downsizing and have to make new arrangements and I would be grateful for some insights on this. Thanks much.

You should seek this advice from your tax attorney, CPA, etc...

Without knowing things about your business that you don't want to publish on the web, the information your receive could do you more harm than good.

Back