Consumer Law, Warranties Buying a car

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojumafor

Can I sue a dealership for 'breach of contract'? This is so wrong. What kind of people are these? I recently put a $150 down to hold a car ( as was told by the dealership)as a guarantee towards the dealer holding a car that I was approved for by the dealership's own bank. They told me the terms, my monthly payment but I did'nt sign anything then. They agreed to hold the car till I come back a week later with the rest of the down payment( little over 2 grand). Infact it was because I put something down that had them able to request the vehicle( as they claimed) to be transferred from the location that actually had it. 3 days later they sold the car and no one even called me. After not being able to get my sales guy for a whole day, he eventually told me after what seems like he may have mistakenly picked up his line to answer when I called. He told me he didn't know (I did'nt believe) as the car was sold by end of the day but just to be patient he will find another car as the approval is good for 30 days. My credit is so bad right now and I am skeptic to keep going from place to place( but will try one more place as this ordeal unfolds) and keep running it, lowering my scores further. Do I have a case in fulton county Georgia?

Without anything in writing, I'd say you'd be lucky to see your $150, car deal or not.
Never leave earnest money, you usually get hosed.
You can sue, but don't expect it to be quick, or easy.
Remember, you have nothing in writing.
I recommend you negotiate, not litigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back