buyers messed up

F

fedup770

Jurisdiction
California
my house is for sale, we received an offer, we accepted, they asked for a 45 day escrow, we agreed. It would close on the 29th of July, On day 40 we called our realtor to confirm everything was in order. she answered she had not heard back from the buyers realtor, she would pursue a confirmation. Escrow called her back, the buyer had taken monies out of there account and had delayed the process. from that point on we have been told it will be wednesday or friday, we are now on day 78 and have tried to be accommodating. I have a second on the loan that is a interest only loan and every 1st of the month I pay a fee of $418. We are now coming up on another payment, do I have any recourse for there miss management in the mortage process that has now cost me $836?

do I have any recourse

Yes.

You had recourse on July 29 when the buyer failed to close. You could have cancelled the deal and walked away with his earnest money.

You can still do that now unless you gave some sort of an extension.

This buyer can jerk you around till the cows come home unless you take some action that your contract entitles you to take.

WARNING: Do not take legal advice from the realtors. Do not rely on promises from realtors. They care only about making the sale and getting their commission and will tell you all sorts of lies to keep you on the hook.

Consult YOUR attorney if you are unsure about what to do about the delay.

All I can add to the fine advice dispensed by adjusterjack is NEVER buy or sell any realestae without retaining your OWN lawyer to vet the deal.

Back