Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Busted for weed

joshkvc

Jurisdiction
Wyoming
Hey,
My names Josh I'm 22, live with my mom and I have no prior drug charges. On Sunday I woke up to the sheriffs department banging on my front door and on my bedroom window. My mom was at work so I answered the door they told me they had an arrest warrant for my moms ex boyfriend, I was confused because he was arrest, served months in prison and was deported to Mexico all around 9 months ago which I told them. They didn't believe me and kept asking to search the house, which I said no several times. He told me that telling them no meant I was hiding him. I told him again hes been deported months ago and I don't want to get in trouble for anything I might have. The officer said they were just their to check for him and not to get me in trouble, I believed him and let him seach my house to prove I'm not hiding anyone. They found my weed and bong and asked me if that's why I didn't want them to search the place, which I said yes thinking they weren't going to bust me for it but of course they did, they gave me a slip and now I have to go to court jan 5, for a misdemeanor drug possession charge and when I called the dept about why they came here when the man they were looking for was arrested and deported already all they said was "are warrents are not up to date".

I found out after all that my mom has the newspaper clipping from back when he got arrested saying the man they are looking for has been arrested, serving his time and getting deported, so I was hoping someway I could prove they didn't have a reason to be at to be at my house in the first place. I mean how can the newspaper know he's already served his time and been deported but not the police? Also when the cop filled out my slip he put my court date as Jan 5 2015 instead of 2016, any way that error could get me off the hook?

Any info or advice would be great, I have no idea what I'm in for.

Make your appearance as directed, plead not guilty, don't discuss anything about your case, ask the court if you qualify for a public defender (if not, you'll have to hire one), leave the DOPE alone, YES,weed is ILLEGAL as you recently discovered, and stay out of trouble while you await your trial.

Any errors on the paperwork can be amended.

You have created a massive problem for yourself by possessing the WEED OF SATAN.

You don't believe that, but THEY run things.
Stop breaking their laws, and they'll leave you be.

Once they find a lawbreaker,trust me pal, they'll be monitoring your actions.

Back